Pawn by Aimee Carter

Pawn  - Aimee Carter

YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.

If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.

There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed Â…and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand. (the official blurb)

My opinion: I have to say this is one of the best dystopian novels I have read in awhile. I really enjoyed The Goddess Test novels and I could tell this was going to be a very different series.  Well done, Aimee Carter, this novel was suspenseful, with a few twists and turns to keep the reader on their toes!  I am eagerly awaiting the next book in this series!

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.